Skype for Business features include:
- (NEW) Improved and simplified user interface
- (NEW) Call via work – which allows users to make voice calls from the Skype for Business client. When a user place a voice call, it is directed from Skype to the user’s desktop phone.
- (NEW) Skype directory integration which allows users to connect with Skype users (business or customers) over the internet. Users can also search the Skype directory and add contacts.
- (NEW) Call Monitor window which makes it easier to monitor your call (especially if you are using other applications)
- High quality video capabilities.
- Enterprise grade connectivity to public telephone networks.
- Cloud, hybrid and on-premises options.
- Microsoft and Polycom devices for meeting rooms specifically designed to integrate with Skype for Business.
As with any software implementation there are a number of factors to consider when rolling out Skype for Business to staff (as Myriad IT has just done):
- Timeframe – when is the rollout going to be completed?
- Demand on technical staff - Myriad IT recommends a centralised installation managed by IT. A further consideration is the how long will it take to prepare your help desk people to assist users with questions the new software.
- Staff communication/awareness – To maximise success and adoption, it is essential that everyone in the organisation is aware of the changes and when they are going to occur. An internal communications plan that advises & reminds staff of the change as well as informs them when the change has been made can help make the transition as smooth as possible.
- Technical requirements – Most existing software and hardware that support Lync 2013 will be compatible with Skype for business whilst new users may need to examine what is required (software, hardware and bandwidth) to ensure they have full capability to operate using Skype for Business.
Myriad IT’s Infrastructure Services team managed our implementation. As a Lync 2013 user, Myriad IT found the transition to Skype for Business straightforward and it was seamlessly delivered to our staff.
Questions about Skype for Business? Contact Us
Your partner in intelligent,
reliable business solutions
and technical support