Oracle have announced a change to the roll-out of tools release updates and are now including ‘web only’ maintenance packs in between the full tools release updates. This is great as it allows users to get fixes for UI issues (the most common problems in 9.1.5 tools) without having to do a full tools upgrade.
It applies to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools – Version 9.1 and later and the following FAQ’s are for Web Only Maintenance Packs available beginning with 126.96.36.199.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Web Only Maintenance Packs FAQ
1. What are JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Web Only Maintenance Packs?
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Web Only Maintenance Packs are Maintenance Packs that contain ONLY JAS (HTML) and AIS components.
2. What is the delivery schedule of Web Only Maintenance Packs?
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Web Only Maintenance Packs are Maintenance Packs are delivered between the Quarterly Release Full Tools Maintenance Packs. You can find delivery schedule information on the Update Center | Tools Home Page. The first Web Only Maintenance Pack is 188.8.131.52.
3. Why is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne delivering Web Only Maintenance Packs?
Delivering Web Only Maintenance Packs allows for a more nimble delivery of critical fixes and enables uptake of new feature/functionality (i.e. UI changes) more quickly.
4. What Tools Release/Tools Release Update level must I be on to install the Web Only Maintenance Packs?
Web Only Maintenance Packs are supported within the same Update release level. For instance, the first Web Only Maintenance Pack is 184.108.40.206 and thus ONLY those customers on the Tools Release Update level of 9.1.5.x can install this Web Only Maintenance Pack.
5. Are Web Only Maintenance Packs cumulative?
Yes, any fixes contained in a Web Only Maintenance Pack will be checked into the next Full Maintenance Pack and subsequent Web Only Maintenance Packs.
6. Are Web Only Maintenance Packs backward compatible?
Yes, Web Only Maintenance Packs are compatible with all Maintenance Pack components at the same Update Level.
7. What is the best way to determine which Maintenance Pack components I am running on my system now?
Your Server Manager Console is the best resource to determine which Tools Components have been deployed.
8. Will the Web Development Client be in sync with my Web Only Maintenance Pack?
The Web Development client will not be in synch with Web Only Maintenance Pack release. It will be in sync with the Full Maintenance Pack release.
Your partner in intelligent,
reliable business solutions
and technical support