Worried about cloud security? Here’s what you need to consider.
The recent hacking of celebrity iCloud accounts has once again shone the spotlight on cloud security. The decision to run systems and applications in the cloud introduces a number of security considerations.
Most cloud vendors now have sophisticated security. It is important to note however, that poor implementation and configuration may leave gaps in security which unintentionally exposes data or systems.
In this blog post, Myriad IT sets out what key security considerations for evaluating cloud providers.
Key security considerations:
- What data will be stored in the cloud?
- Who else has access to the data and systems?
- While the cloud provider may be compliant with security requirements, are the specific systems in the cloud properly secured in line with corporate policies?
- How much rigour has gone into security planning?
- Has the security been reviewed by technical and business risk experts?
- What steps does the provider take to mitigate risk?
- Is the provider able to demonstrate its capabilities (e.g. securitgy certifications, audits)?
- Is the vendor willing to commit to you with a well defined SLA and set of standards?
If you have concerns about the security of your cloud, Myriad IT is here to help. Please contact us for a discussion.
Your partner in intelligent,
reliable business solutions
and technical support